Talking wikis at a meeting today, I hope to discuss…
The UBC Wiki:
- The efficiencies in having our guides openly available and easily editable probably justifies investment in the wiki
- Student collaborative writing space, creating public resources
- Openness as a practice, not as a product – Math 105
- But wait, that’s not on the wiki — yes it is.
- Presentation Slides by UBC Library, Paul Joseph, Julie Mitchell, Will Engle: “UBC Library staff are able to use the wiki as an open space to collaborate and build online content that is automatically republished across multiple UBC Library and University websites. This process challenges previously locked-down content management systems, and empowers staff to edit and share content to benefit the campus community.”
Embed code, multiple context reuse:
- Murder, Madness, Mayhem (Bonus: check out Jon Beasley-Murray’s keynote at ACCESS 2011 conference.)
- at UBC
- at TRU
Besides wikis… how can we connect?